If you have one of the following degrees from a recognised university or complete one before the degree programme starts, then you can apply for the Master's programme:
- University Bachelor's degree with a major at least partly similar to Business Administration
- A Bachelor's business degree (similar major) from a recognised university of applied sciences (Fachhochschule) with a minimum average grade (not rounded) of 5.00 Swiss grading system (German/Austria 2.00, Netherlands 7.5) in the degree certificate.
- Consecutive university Master's degree in another discipline
Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes must have been completed in the same discipline (consecutively) and amount to least 270 ECTS Credits together.
Your degree programme will be recognised if the following criteria are fulfilled:
- Your final degree certificate was awarded by a institution of higher education which is recognised in the country where you attended the course.
- You have completed at least 80% of your course work at a recognised or accredited institution of higher education.
- You have completed at least half of the course work on site at the institution of higher education awarding the degree.
- You fulfil the minimum requirements for admission to the Master's degree programme at your home institution of higher education.
Detailed information on the recognition of universities, university degrees and country-specific provisions
Depending on how relevant the major of your previous degree is to Business Administration, the extent of the additional requirement for the HSG Master's degree programme may vary. We differentiate between Bachelor's degrees with majors similar and partly similar to Business Administration.
Degree with a major similar to Business Administration:
90 ECTS credit points in three of the core subjects (Business Administration, Economics, Law and Mathematics/Statistics) including at least 45 ECTS credit points in Business Administration
Degree with a major partly similar to Business Administration:
60 ECTS credit points in two of the core subjects (Business Administration, Economics and Law) including at least 30 ECTS credit points in Business Administration and at least 15 ECTS credit points in Economics or Law, and additionally at least 6 ECTS credit points in Mathematics/Statistics.
If you have any questions on recognised degrees or degrees in similar subjects, please do not hesitate to contact the team at the Admissions and Crediting Office who will be happy to help you.